-   -   I am trying to Make a column on Top 4 Cells, and Under 5 Cells. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233388-i-am-trying-make-column-top-4-cells-under-5-cells.html)

Cpatimevalue

I am trying to Make a column on Top 4 Cells, and Under 5 Cells.

I am trying to make a spreadsheet with 4 Columns on Top, and Underneath I
need a box with 5 Columns, but if I try to format cell smaller the Columns
above change. I'm looking at multiple spreadsheets that have done this but I
can't figure out how they did it.........In one of those Spreadsheets I try
to Format Column Width, and nothing shows up, it is not lit up, so it doesn't
give the option to reformat size of universal Column width...........How'd
they do that...........
--
Thank You

Max

I am trying to Make a column on Top 4 Cells, and Under 5 Cells.

If its for the purpose of col label alignments, do a "Centre across
selection" (via Format cells Alignment tab droplist selection under Text
alignment "Horizontal"). You should refrain from using the "Merge" feature as
it will potentially cause a lot of downstream problems.
--
Max
Singapore