-   -   V look up (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233278-v-look-up.html)

EF

V look up

How do you use the vlookup to look up information on two different
spreadsheets? Could you answer this question on a step-by-step basis please.
Someone took me through it but I got confused with the explanation.

T. Valko

V look up

See if this helps:

Sheet1

...........A..........B
1........x.........north
2........y.........east
3........z.........south

Sheet2

A1 = lookup value = y

B1 = lookup formula:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A$1:B$3,2,0)

Result = east

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"EF" wrote in message
How do you use the vlookup to look up information on two different
spreadsheets? Could you answer this question on a step-by-step basis
please.
Someone took me through it but I got confused with the explanation.

Gord Dibben

V look up

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions with pictures...........also a
video.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP