-   -   Add a comma following a series of numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233242-add-comma-following-series-numbers.html)

ffrigo

Add a comma following a series of numbers

I have two thousand rows with unique account numbers. I would like to add a
comma after each number without having to do it manually. Is there a way to
add a comma (,) automatically into each cell so that it's located after the
number?

Bernard Liengme

Add a comma following a series of numbers

First account number is in A1, say
In B1 use formula =A1&","
Copy down the column by double clicking B1's fill handle (small solid square
in lower right corner when cell is selected
Select all the B cells; use Copy command; with all B's still selected use
Edit | Paste Special with Values specified
Now formulas are values and you can delete column A

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
MVP Excel

"ffrigo" wrote in message
I have two thousand rows with unique account numbers. I would like to add
comma after each number without having to do it manually. Is there a way
add a comma (,) automatically into each cell so that it's located after
the
number?

Gary''s Student

Add a comma following a series of numbers

Select the cells and:
Format Cells... Number Custom General","
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200856