-   -   how to make a list of names and then break it down into smaller li (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233076-how-make-list-names-then-break-down-into-smaller-li.html)

mysticmike13

how to make a list of names and then break it down into smaller li

i am trying to build a worksheet for my sons cubscout group. I want to put
all the names on the first sheet with some of the achevements. I want to be
able to link them with the individual ranks. there are about 20 kids in
each class. the main page has abaout 100 names on it. Is there a way I can
link the cells by the childs name and not by the cell number? I am not
wanting to link down the list to the point that every time we have a new
member i have to add the lodgic and formulas to each cell,sheet, and
achevement. i would like to link everything to the childs name if that is
posible. i hope i have giving enough info for someone to answer what im am
looking for.

francis

how to make a list of names and then break it down into smaller li

would you provide example and the result you want?
wouldn't Vlookup or Index and Match do what you want?
try the Excel Help to get the idea of these works
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another