-   -   Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233010-restrict-duplicates-using-data-validation.html)

Hardeep kanwar

Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

How Can i Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Means if I have Hardeep in A1. And i want to Enter Hardeep in A20, It show
me the Error Message

Thanks in Advance

Hardeep kanwar

FARAZ QURESHI

Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Select A1
In Data Validation select Custom
Insert the following formula
=NOT(COUNTIF(A1:A$1,A1)1)
Copy down the cell.

"Hardeep Kanwar" wrote:

How Can i Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Means if I have Hardeep in A1. And i want to Enter Hardeep in A20, It show
me the Error Message

Thanks in Advance

Hardeep kanwar

Hardeep kanwar

Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Thanx for Quick Reply

But its not Working

"Hardeep Kanwar" wrote:

How Can i Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Means if I have Hardeep in A1. And i want to Enter Hardeep in A20, It show
me the Error Message

Thanks in Advance

Hardeep kanwar

FARAZ QURESHI

Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Send me your email address if you want a sample file.
By the way what version are using?

"Hardeep Kanwar" wrote:

Thanx for Quick Reply

But its not Working

"Hardeep Kanwar" wrote:

How Can i Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Means if I have Hardeep in A1. And i want to Enter Hardeep in A20, It show
me the Error Message

Thanks in Advance

Hardeep kanwar

Hardeep kanwar

Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Sorry Sir

MY Mistake

Ifs Working

Thanks and sorry

"Hardeep Kanwar" wrote:

Thanx for Quick Reply

But its not Working

"Hardeep Kanwar" wrote:

How Can i Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Means if I have Hardeep in A1. And i want to Enter Hardeep in A20, It show
me the Error Message

Thanks in Advance

Hardeep kanwar

Hardeep kanwar

Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

sure

Actually few days back in a Interview This Question was asked to Me. And
that time i have no idea about DATA VALIDATION.

Could you Pls send me the File Having Some Example of Data Validation with
there uses.

Thanks Again

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote:

Send me your email address if you want a sample file.
By the way what version are using?

"Hardeep Kanwar" wrote:

Thanx for Quick Reply

But its not Working

"Hardeep Kanwar" wrote:

How Can i Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Means if I have Hardeep in A1. And i want to Enter Hardeep in A20, It show
me the Error Message

Thanks in Advance

Hardeep kanwar

Jacob Skaria

Restrict Duplicates using Data Validation

Hardeep, for more on data validation refer the below thread.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria