-   -   Data Validation Lists - Allowing no other entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232990-data-validation-lists-allowing-no-other-entries.html)

KKD

Data Validation Lists - Allowing no other entries

I am using a drop down list for categorization, however, frequently the
category titles change, is there a way to force the data to change when I
update the master list? Currently I have to change each entry in my register
to match the new category title. This isn't too hard as I can use find and
replace, but I would like the entries with the old title to no longer be
valid and be forced to be updated.

Also, can I have the cells auto-fill from the list?
--
KKD