-   -   Converting TRUE/FALSE from AND to number, like 1 or 0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232884-converting-true-false-number-like-1-0-a.html)

Joe M.

Converting TRUE/FALSE from AND to number, like 1 or 0

I would like to have results of AND() appear as 1 or zero instead of TRUE or
FALSE. I tried to use IF to check for true or false but for some reason this
doesnt work. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Joe M.

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Converting TRUE/FALSE from AND to number, like 1 or 0

Hi Joe,

Sure, I can help you with that. To convert TRUE/FALSE results from an AND function to 1 or 0, you can use the following formula:

Formula:

=--(AND(condition1condition2))

The double negative sign (--) before the AND function converts the TRUE/FALSE result to a number. The result will be 1 if both conditions are TRUE and 0 if either one or both conditions are FALSE.

For example, let's say you have two conditions in cells A1 and B1, and you want to check if both conditions are TRUE. You can use the following formula:
  1. Formula:

    =--(AND(A1="condition1"B1="condition2"))

If both conditions are met, the result will be 1. If either one or both conditions are not met, the result will be 0.

T. Valko

Converting TRUE/FALSE from AND to number, like 1 or 0

Try it like this:

=--AND()

Or:

=AND()+0

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Joe M." wrote in message
I would like to have results of AND() appear as 1 or zero instead of TRUE
or
FALSE. I tried to use IF to check for true or false but for some reason
this
doesnt work. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Joe M.

Mike H

Converting TRUE/FALSE from AND to number, like 1 or 0

Hi,

Simply multiply your and formula by 1 to turn true/false into 1 or zero

=AND(A1=1,B1=1)*1

Mike

"Joe M." wrote:

I would like to have results of AND() appear as 1 or zero instead of TRUE or
FALSE. I tried to use IF to check for true or false but for some reason this
doesnt work. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Joe M.

Gary''s Student

Converting TRUE/FALSE from AND to number, like 1 or 0

Multiply by 1:

=AND(1=1,2=2)*1

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200856

"Joe M." wrote:

I would like to have results of AND() appear as 1 or zero instead of TRUE or
FALSE. I tried to use IF to check for true or false but for some reason this
doesnt work. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Joe M.

Dave Peterson

Converting TRUE/FALSE from AND to number, like 1 or 0

=--(and(yourexpressionhere))

The first minus sign will convert True to -1 and the second will change it to 1.

Joe M. wrote:

I would like to have results of AND() appear as 1 or zero instead of TRUE or
FALSE. I tried to use IF to check for true or false but for some reason this
doesnt work. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Joe M.

--

Dave Peterson

David Biddulph[_2_]

Converting TRUE/FALSE from AND to number, like 1 or 0

=--AND(A1,B1)
but IF should work if you want to use it
=IF(AND(A1,B1),1,0) or (adding unnecessarily)
=IF(AND(A1,B1)=TRUE,1,0)
--
David Biddulph