-   -   highlight select data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232880-highlight-select-data.html)

Lindsay

highlight select data

Hello!
I have a document containing about 70 pages of links, column D is the
current links and column C is the links that we will be replacing the current
links with. However, only a couple hundred of these apply to me. I have a
seperate document of the old links (only the ones that apply to me) I am
wondering, if i put the list of links that apply to me into column E, can I
search column D and have the row highlight or something if column D and E
match? I hope that this makes sense! Thanks for your time!

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

highlight select data

Hi,

Suppose the original list is in colum D and your links are in E then

In 2003:
1. Select the cells you want to format
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=COUNTIF($D1,$E$1:$E$100)0
5. Click the Format button
6. Choose a color on the Patterns tab (or any available option)
7. Click OK twice.

In 2007:
1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted (column D)
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following
formula:
=COUNTIF($D1,$E$1:$E$100)0
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire