-   -   number formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232800-number-formatting.html)

ALEX

number formatting

I am trying to enter swimming race times in excel. I am using the format:
m:ss.0, but when i put the data into a pivot table all of the tenths become
zeros.

HELP

jaf

number formatting

Hi Alex,
You're telling Excel to round off the time to tenths of a second.

Try m:ss.000
It's the most decimal places Excel will display for time.

John

"Alex" wrote in message ...
I am trying to enter swimming race times in excel. I am using the format:
m:ss.0, but when i put the data into a pivot table all of the tenths become
zeros.

HELP

ALEX

number formatting

I want it to only display tenths, but the only number it shows is zero in the
tenths region. In other words if i put in: 0:52.3 on the pivot table it shows
0:52.0. The problem persisted after changing the format

"Alex" wrote in message ...
I am trying to enter swimming race times in excel. I am using the format:
m:ss.0, but when i put the data into a pivot table all of the tenths become
zeros.

HELP

Dave Peterson

number formatting

Add a column to your data.
Use a formula that returns the value in the time cell:
=a2
(say)

But format that cell as General.

Then use that in your pivottable. After you've built the pivottable, format
that field to show the time (including the tenths of seconds).

--

Dave Peterson