-   -   custom date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232784-custom-date-format.html)

jbclem

custom date format

I like to use this date format: 06-03-09 , but it isn't an option in my
Excel 2002 spreadsheet. I don't see it in FORMAT CELLS/DATE, or even in
FORMAT CELLS/CUSTOM . Can someone show me if and how I can format an entire
column to use this date format.

jc

FSt1

custom date format

hi
maybe it's not there.....yet.

got to format cellsnumber tabcustom and enter this.....

mm-dd-yy

apply that to any column you wish.

Regards
FSt1

"jbclem" wrote:

I like to use this date format: 06-03-09 , but it isn't an option in my
Excel 2002 spreadsheet. I don't see it in FORMAT CELLS/DATE, or even in
FORMAT CELLS/CUSTOM . Can someone show me if and how I can format an entire
column to use this date format.

jc

smartin

custom date format

jbclem wrote:
I like to use this date format: 06-03-09 , but it isn't an option in my
Excel 2002 spreadsheet. I don't see it in FORMAT CELLS/DATE, or even in
FORMAT CELLS/CUSTOM . Can someone show me if and how I can format an entire
column to use this date format.

jc

Select the cells, Format | Cells | Custom and enter mm-dd-yy. You can
specify pretty much any format you want here.