-   -   Printing number column with doc. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232735-printing-number-column-doc.html)

jmandbb

Printing number column with doc.

I received an answer to click Row and column headings and I only get headings
but still do not get number column. What am I missing?....jmandbb

Luke M

Printing number column with doc.

If you've already activated the "Print row and headings" option under page
setup, you may also need to go to Tools-Options - General, and select R1C1
style to get column numbers, as opposed to column letters.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"jmandbb" wrote:

I received an answer to click Row and column headings and I only get headings
but still do not get number column. What am I missing?....jmandbb

Luke M...I am not making my problem clear. I am creating an alphabetical
list of my DVDs and I need the numbers on the left to be printed so that when
I insert an additional title the numbers will advance with the insert.
Example: If title 1. is Apple and title 2. is Corn when I insert Banana I
want it to be 2. and Corn to be 3. and whatever I have following will also
advance numerically.