-   -   special formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232642-special-formulas.html)

Tacklemom

special formulas

Hi All,

what I am trying to do is attach the " sign to a cell. So when you enter in
a fraction eg (1/4) which I have already formatted for you attach the " sign
with it. Any suggestion?

Thanks
--
Donna

Rick Rothstein

special formulas

Try using this Custom Cell Format...

# ?/?\"

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Tacklemom" wrote in message
Hi All,

what I am trying to do is attach the " sign to a cell. So when you enter
in
a fraction eg (1/4) which I have already formatted for you attach the "
sign
with it. Any suggestion?

Thanks
--
Donna

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

special formulas

Hi,

Here are two ways to do this both involve custom formats

Choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Custom and on the Type line enter either
General"''"
or
General\"

In the first case there are two single quotes between the pair of double
quotes, in the second case it ends with a single double-quote.

You can change General to any standard number format number format you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Tacklemom" wrote:

Hi All,

what I am trying to do is attach the " sign to a cell. So when you enter in
a fraction eg (1/4) which I have already formatted for you attach the " sign
with it. Any suggestion?

Thanks
--
Donna

Luke M

special formulas

Custom format
###/###''

will accomadate up to 3 digit fractions. Note that it uses 2 single
quotation marks, not 1 double quotation mark.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Tacklemom" wrote:

Hi All,

what I am trying to do is attach the " sign to a cell. So when you enter in
a fraction eg (1/4) which I have already formatted for you attach the " sign
with it. Any suggestion?

Thanks
--
Donna

Rick Rothstein

special formulas

Why not use /" (slash/double quote mark) in the format pattern to put the
"inch" symbol at the end of the fraction?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Luke M" wrote in message
Custom format