-   -   Restrict recalculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232612-restrict-recalculation.html)

Allizex

Restrict recalculation

I want to stop some, but not all, of the cells in a workbook from
recalculating. Is this possible
--
Allizex

Luke M

Restrict recalculation

Using the VBE (Alt+F11) you can modify the properties (Press F4 if its not
already visible) of each indivudal sheet to allow/disallow calculations for
that sheet. However, you can not disable calculation on a cell by cell basis.

Due note that if your calculated sheet refers to a noncalculating sheet,
your results will not be real-time accurate.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Allizex" wrote:

I want to stop some, but not all, of the cells in a workbook from
recalculating. Is this possible
--
Allizex

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Restrict recalculation

Hi,

You can restrict recalculation to the cell by cell level if you write vba
code. You would turn recalculation to manual first and then use a macro such
as this:

Sub myRecalculate()
Selection.Calculate
End Sub

Assign a shortcut key like Ctrl+Shift+R to this and then anytime you want to
recalculate a cell or range select it and press the shortcut key.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Allizex" wrote:

I want to stop some, but not all, of the cells in a workbook from
recalculating. Is this possible
--
Allizex

Allizex

Restrict recalculation

Luke

This was really helpful, thanks. However, it only seems to work if the
sheet is hidden. If its visible it seems to change the enable calculation
field back to true. Am I missing something?
--
Allizex