Old June 19th 17, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Bar contents missing

On Friday, 29 May 2009 11:56:01 UTC-4, Griffen wrote:
The contents of my worksheet cells don't show up in my formula bars. I have
to use F2 to see and change the contents of my cells. The cells are not
locked or hidden, but nothing shows up in the Formula bar. It happens in new
or older worksheets alike. I'm in ver 2007. Ideas?

Hi, I have had this problem for the past few months. I called Microsoft and they could not fix this. They only respond to queries through this terribly inefficient online chat system. The only solution they gave me was re-installing my Excel on my Mac. That did not solve the issue.
Btw, this actually occurs on my MacBook Air (Office 2008) and my MacBook Pro (Office 2016). I would really appreciate some advice on this.
Thanks for your help.

Old July 26th 18, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Friday, 29 May 2009 16:56:01 UTC+1, Griffen wrote:
The contents of my worksheet cells don't show up in my formula bars. I have
to use F2 to see and change the contents of my cells. The cells are not
locked or hidden, but nothing shows up in the Formula bar. It happens in new
or older worksheets alike. I'm in ver 2007. Ideas?

I have multiple screens. If I extend the offending sheet to the right, eventually the missing box shows up. the formula button does not.

Closing and reopening the spreadsheet fixes the problem temporarily.
Old March 22nd 21, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 6:51:49 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, 29 May 2009 16:56:01 UTC+1, Griffen wrote:
The contents of my worksheet cells don't show up in my formula bars. I have
to use F2 to see and change the contents of my cells. The cells are not
locked or hidden, but nothing shows up in the Formula bar. It happens in new
or older worksheets alike. I'm in ver 2007. Ideas?

I have multiple screens. If I extend the offending sheet to the right, eventually the missing box shows up. the formula button does not.

Closing and reopening the spreadsheet fixes the problem temporarily.

That worked for me! I do not have multiple monitors and none of the other suggestions worked either. Thank you!