-   -   Equals formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232259-equals-formula.html)

DataGuy

Equals formula

I have built a spreadsheet that has my master data (Sheet 1). I have created
a copy of that spreadsheet but with not data (Sheet 2). I want to be able to
make any changes in Sheet 1 and have it be reflected in Sheet 2.

Since my fields are the same on both sheets I used the formula =sheet1!A2
etc for all the cells I have in sheet 2. My problem is I have many blank
cells in Sheet 1 so I get a "0" in Sheet 2. I dont want the "0" value. I
want Sheet 2 to be exactly like Sheet 1 but changes made on Sheet 1 are
reflected on Sheet 2. Please help.

Thanks.

Sheeloo

Equals formula

Use
=If(sheet1!A2="","",sheet1!A2)

"DataGuy" wrote:

I have built a spreadsheet that has my master data (Sheet 1). I have created
a copy of that spreadsheet but with not data (Sheet 2). I want to be able to
make any changes in Sheet 1 and have it be reflected in Sheet 2.

Since my fields are the same on both sheets I used the formula =sheet1!A2
etc for all the cells I have in sheet 2. My problem is I have many blank
cells in Sheet 1 so I get a "0" in Sheet 2. I dont want the "0" value. I
want Sheet 2 to be exactly like Sheet 1 but changes made on Sheet 1 are
reflected on Sheet 2. Please help.

Thanks.

DataGuy

Equals formula

Thanks, Sheeloo. I figured it was probably an IF formula...just wasn't sure.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Use
=If(sheet1!A2="","",sheet1!A2)