-   -   Last Updated Excel File (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232205-last-updated-excel-file.html)

meyerryang

Last Updated Excel File

I know that if you look at the properties you can determine when a
spreadsheet was created it and who created it (username account). Can you
determine the last user who updated it?

Jacob Skaria

Last Updated Excel File

Use the below UDF.If you are new to VBA set the Security level to low/medium
in (Tools|Macro|Security). From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11.
From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below function. Save. Get back to
Workbook.

Function GetDocProperty(strKey)
Application.Volatile
GetDocProperty = CStr(ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(strKey))
End Function

In any cell use the below formula
=GetDocProperty("last author")