-   -   Values from referenced cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232140-values-referenced-cells.html)

Wavequation

Values from referenced cells

I have a worksheet that references cells in another worksheet. Empty cells
in the referenced sheet are showing up in the second sheet as "0", rather as
an empty cell. I would like them to show up empty. Is there any way to do
this?
Thanks for your help.

Max

Values from referenced cells

Instead of: =Sheet2!A1
use this: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)
--
Max
Singapore
"Wavequation" wrote:
I have a worksheet that references cells in another worksheet. Empty cells
in the referenced sheet are showing up in the second sheet as "0", rather as
an empty cell. I would like them to show up empty. Is there any way to do
this?
Thanks for your help.

Gary''s Student

Values from referenced cells

Instead of:
=Sheet2!E29
use:
=IF(Sheet2!E29="","",Sheet2!E29)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200855

"Wavequation" wrote:

I have a worksheet that references cells in another worksheet. Empty cells
in the referenced sheet are showing up in the second sheet as "0", rather as
an empty cell. I would like them to show up empty. Is there any way to do
this?
Thanks for your help.

Joerg Mochikun

Values from referenced cells

Another way:
Menu Tools Options
In the View tab uncheck the 'Zero values' checkbox. This will suppress all
zero values. This option can be set for each worksheet individually, but not
for a specific range within a worksheet.

Joerg