-   -   Database Query Missing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/232083-database-query-missing.html)

Lingicer

Database Query Missing

I have setup a database query in one worksheet in Excel 2003, Data = Import
External Data = New Database Query.
after I setup my query, I checked background refresh for every 300 minutes.
Somehow, the database query just disappeared for no reason. I right click
the data range that are supposed to have the database query defined. Nothing
happened. Even the "Refresh" button is grey. However, the "Refresh All"
button is still valid.
My PC has 1 GB memory, but I do have 20 excel files opened at the same time.

Please help, thanks a lot.

Don Guillett

Database Query Missing

Somehow you deleted the query. Perhaps by deleting the rows/columns it went
to or the external name created.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Lingicer" wrote in message
I have setup a database query in one worksheet in Excel 2003, Data =
Import
External Data = New Database Query.
after I setup my query, I checked background refresh for every 300
minutes.
Somehow, the database query just disappeared for no reason. I right click
the data range that are supposed to have the database query defined.
Nothing
happened. Even the "Refresh" button is grey. However, the "Refresh All"
button is still valid.
My PC has 1 GB memory, but I do have 20 excel files opened at the same
time.

Please help, thanks a lot.

Lingicer

Database Query Missing

Don, thanks for your reply. I don't think deleting is the cause here because
I didn't do it. Appreciate your input though.