-   -   How do I stop someone saving a web downloaded workbook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/231930-how-do-i-stop-someone-saving-web-downloaded-workbook.html)

Jojo999

How do I stop someone saving a web downloaded workbook?

I am producing a quick reference workbook for people to search for data
specific items. I do not want them to save the workbook as this may prevent
people visiting the website and as the data changes frequently could result
in them using out of date data. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks
Jo

Eduardo

How do I stop someone saving a web downloaded workbook?

Hi,
The only way is to protect the worksheet, so you can limit the access to
what you want them to do, in excel 2007 go to Review, Protect sheet

If this helps please click yes, thanks

"Jojo999" wrote:

I am producing a quick reference workbook for people to search for data
specific items. I do not want them to save the workbook as this may prevent
people visiting the website and as the data changes frequently could result
in them using out of date data. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks
Jo

joel

How do I stop someone saving a web downloaded workbook?

You may want to convert the file to PDF and then use the PDF protections to
prevent people from saving the file. The PDF file can still be searched
using the PDF capabilities. You will need the Adboe Writer to be able to
convert the files.