-   -   About pivot tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23182-about-pivot-tables.html)

bay

About pivot tables

Hello,

I am working on a pivot table that displays data from various dates from
1999 to 2005 and i would like to filter it to show only the data coresponding
to dates up to march 2003. How do i do that? I cant go do it manually from
the date column because the dates are over much to many and if I try to hide
details for months jan to march , it seems that it hides the data for all
years including 2004 and 2005 which i want calculated in the pivot table.

any help guys?

thank you in advance,

bay.

Debra Dalgleish

Right-click the Date field button
Choose Group and Show Detail Group
In the End Data box, type your end data, e.g. 3/31/03
In the 'By' list, select one or more grouping options, e.g. Days
Click OK
Click the dropdown arrow in the Date field
Remove the check mark from the 3/31/03 item
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List