-   -   getting formulas to ignore text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/231764-getting-formulas-ignore-text.html)

Reggie1000

getting formulas to ignore text

Hi I'm working on a spreadsheet that has yachting elapsed times pasted into
it to work out Time Correction Factors but i need to ignore the DNCs that are
also pasted - is there a way to ignore text or automatically remove it?
cheers

--
PT

macropod[_2_]

getting formulas to ignore text

Hi reggie,

Try: =SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A100),A1:A100))
for results in A1:A100 as an array formula (ie input the formula the press Ctrl-Shift-Enter)

--
Cheers
macropod

"Reggie1000" wrote in message ...
Hi I'm working on a spreadsheet that has yachting elapsed times pasted into
it to work out Time Correction Factors but i need to ignore the DNCs that are
also pasted - is there a way to ignore text or automatically remove it?
cheers

--
PT

Dave Peterson