-   -   Columns in letters vs numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23175-columns-letters-vs-numbers.html)

garyflood

Columns in letters vs numbers

For an unknown reason, all my columns are now designated in numbers rather
than letters. What can I do to get them back to letters? Why are all my old
files also coming up this way?

Hi
This is an Excel setting which is not workbook dependent. Go to
Tools/Options/View /General and uncheck R1C1 reference style

--
Andy.