-   -   dividing columns by 100 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23168-dividing-columns-100-a.html)

Sgian

dividing columns by 100

I need to divide four columns of numbers by 100, yet I don't want any of the
cells to interact with each other. The numbers are all 100 times too big, I
just need a formula or a way to divide them all by 100 in (hopefully) one
step or equation.

Can anyone help?

Dave Peterson

put 100 in an unused cell.
edit|copy that cell
select your range in that column to adjust
edit|paste special|choose divide
clean up that 100 in that helper cell.

--

Dave Peterson

Bob Phillips

Put 100 in a cell, and copy that cell.

Select all the cells to divide by 100.

Goto menu EditPasteSpecial and in the Operation section, click the Divide
button.

Exit out.

--

HTH