-   -   Value Filter in a Pivot Table. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/231540-value-filter-pivot-table.html)

Deb

Value Filter in a Pivot Table.

I am trying to apply a value filter in a pivot table, but the options are
greyed out. Why could this be.

The scenerio, I have a huge file, with client data. I want to see this data
broken down 1st by Sales Manager, 2nd by client. I can get this far. Now I
would only like to see data for "Total" sales over 100K. The value filter is
not available.

smartin

Deb wrote:
I am trying to apply a value filter in a pivot table, but the options are
greyed out. Why could this be.

The scenerio, I have a huge file, with client data. I want to see this data
broken down 1st by Sales Manager, 2nd by client. I can get this far. Now I
would only like to see data for "Total" sales over 100K. The value filter is
not available.

Of all the crazy coincidences... I was scratching my head over this last
night, convinced there must be a way to filter aggregate PT values, and
became convinced there is no way.

Then, merely hours later, Jon Peltier posted this on his blog:
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/autofilter-tricks/

Works exactly as you asked.