-   -   How to split numeric result of a formula in a cell into 2 cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/231507-how-split-numeric-result-formula-cell-into-2-cells.html)

Derek510

How to split numeric result of a formula in a cell into 2 cells?

I have a formula for a cell, where the result will be numerical (123.5678). I
want to be able to split the results from that cell into 2 cells so that 123
is in one cell and .5678 is in the cell next to it so that separate formulas
can be made using the two separate data. I am using Excel 2003.

Jacob Skaria

How to split numeric result of a formula in a cell into 2 cells?

Try this; but why not use the below formula in your other formulas and keep
the cell as it is...(You dont need to have 2 cells to carry this values)

A1 = 123.5678
B1=A1-MOD(A1,1)
C1=MOD(A1,1)

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Derek510" wrote:

I have a formula for a cell, where the result will be numerical (123.5678). I
want to be able to split the results from that cell into 2 cells so that 123
is in one cell and .5678 is in the cell next to it so that separate formulas
can be made using the two separate data. I am using Excel 2003.

David Biddulph[_2_]

How to split numeric result of a formula in a cell into 2 cells?

=INT(A2)
=MOD(A2,1)
--
David Biddulph