-   -   Figuring out hours worked (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/231463-figuring-out-hours-worked.html)

Matt

Figuring out hours worked

In cell F3 I am trying to get the hours work from the start time in cell D3
and the finish time in E3. I can not locate the forulma for this?

Chip Pearson

Figuring out hours worked

You can subtract the start time from the end time and then multiply
the difference by 24. E.g.,

=(E3-D3)*24

If it is possible that the start time is greater than the end time
(e.g., crossing Midnight, start and 10PM and end at 3AM) use formula
like the following:

=(E3-D3+(D3E3))*24

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Wed, 20 May 2009 14:08:00 -0700, Matt
wrote:

In cell F3 I am trying to get the hours work from the start time in cell D3
and the finish time in E3. I can not locate the forulma for this?

T. Valko

Figuring out hours worked

Try one of these:

=IF(COUNT(D3:E3)=2,E3-D3,"")

If the end time might span past midnight:

=IF(COUNT(D3:E3)=2,MOD(E3-D3,1),"")

Format as h:mm

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Matt" wrote in message
In cell F3 I am trying to get the hours work from the start time in cell
D3
and the finish time in E3. I can not locate the forulma for this?

Matt

Figuring out hours worked

That worked thanks alot