-   -   Number versus text format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/231455-number-versus-text-format.html)

Chuck Bennett[_2_]

Number versus text format

We have an application that downloads data into Excel. The project numbers
are in this format: 10-14-09. When the download is executed, the project
number shows up as a date and there is no date format that comes in this
format: 10-14-09. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Dave Peterson

Number versus text format

Check your other post.

--

Dave Peterson

Sheeloo

Number versus text format

While importing choose the format of the incoming column as TEXT

or add a ' before the project numbers in the program sending the data.