-   -   Delete Rows based on criteria in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23089-delete-rows-based-criteria-excel.html)

Novaglory

Delete Rows based on criteria in excel

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to delete every rows where one cell (not all cells) has a
duplicate value of another cell within the same column, but in a different
row.
Best case scenario, the formula would select which row to delete based on
whether or not another field in the row displayed a specified value.
I sincerely appreciate any help, Thanks

Michael

Hi Novaglory. Try Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm. Scroll to the bottom and he has
link for deleting duplicates. HTH

"Novaglory" wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to delete every rows where one cell (not all cells) has a
duplicate value of another cell within the same column, but in a different
row.
Best case scenario, the formula would select which row to delete based on
whether or not another field in the row displayed a specified value.
I sincerely appreciate any help, Thanks

Don Guillett

can you sort first

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Novaglory" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to delete every rows where one cell (not all cells) has a
duplicate value of another cell within the same column, but in a different
row.
Best case scenario, the formula would select which row to delete based on
whether or not another field in the row displayed a specified value.
I sincerely appreciate any help, Thanks

Novaglory

Hi Michael
thanks for the link- I'm working through one solution involving on VBA Code,
which i'm a newbie at, and my computer keeps hanging, but i'll keep trying.
Any other suggestions anyone?

"Novaglory" wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to delete every rows where one cell (not all cells) has a
duplicate value of another cell within the same column, but in a different
row.
Best case scenario, the formula would select which row to delete based on
whether or not another field in the row displayed a specified value.
I sincerely appreciate any help, Thanks

Heidi

Delete Rows based on criteria in excel

Hi. I have the same problem and that link doesn't work.

"Novaglory" wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to delete every rows where one cell (not all cells) has a
duplicate value of another cell within the same column, but in a different
row.
Best case scenario, the formula would select which row to delete based on
whether or not another field in the row displayed a specified value.
I sincerely appreciate any help, Thanks

Bob I

Delete Rows based on criteria in excel

Try the link again now.