-   -   Question on Calculation Speed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230880-question-calculation-speed.html)

AccessHelp

Question on Calculation Speed

Hello all,

I have an Excel file with 60+ columns and 10,000+ rows. Whenever Excel does
the calculation and saving, it takes very, very long. Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

Mike H

Question on Calculation Speed

Hi,

An immediate reaction is that you've created a monster with 600,000 cells
many of which probabaly have formula and that's a lot of calculation.

You can control calculation by setting it to manual but you should really be
asking yourself if this amount of data can be slimmed down, also have a look
here

http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedb.htm

Mike

"AccessHelp" wrote:

Hello all,

I have an Excel file with 60+ columns and 10,000+ rows. Whenever Excel does
the calculation and saving, it takes very, very long. Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

AccessHelp

Question on Calculation Speed

Mike,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I need that many columns.

Thanks.