-   -   Copy/Paste from WB to WB stopped functioning (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230838-copy-paste-wb-wb-stopped-functioning.html)

BIGJAY

Copy/Paste from WB to WB stopped functioning

i'M WORKING ON 2 EXCEL WORKBOOKS; I WAS ABLE TO COPY A CELL FROM ONE TO THE
OTHER. SUDDENLY, THAT FUNCTION STOPPED WORKING.
dOES ANYONE KNOW WHY?

Bob I

Copy/Paste from WB to WB stopped functioning

Maybe you have a stuck key? The Shift key or Caps Lock? Try logging off
and back on.

BIGJAY wrote:

i'M WORKING ON 2 EXCEL WORKBOOKS; I WAS ABLE TO COPY A CELL FROM ONE TO THE
OTHER. SUDDENLY, THAT FUNCTION STOPPED WORKING.
dOES ANYONE KNOW WHY?

Sheeloo

Copy/Paste from WB to WB stopped functioning

Most likely you have opened the two workbooks in two (separate) instances of
Excel.

Close one workbook, and open it through Excel Open menu ... and let us know
if it solves your problem.

What version of Excel are you using?

"BIGJAY" wrote:

i'M WORKING ON 2 EXCEL WORKBOOKS; I WAS ABLE TO COPY A CELL FROM ONE TO THE
OTHER. SUDDENLY, THAT FUNCTION STOPPED WORKING.
dOES ANYONE KNOW WHY?

Jon Peltier

Copy/Paste from WB to WB stopped functioning

Fix your caps lock key.

Could there be a Workbook_Activate or related event procedure that runs when
sheets are activated or deactivated? This may cause the problem, because
running code will wipe out the clipboard.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______