-   -   Why does excel replace my 16th number with a zero? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230785-why-does-excel-replace-my-16th-number-zero.html)

DebR

Why does excel replace my 16th number with a zero?

I am trying to type 16 numbers in a column, but no matter what the last
number i type is, excel changes it to 0. I've tried formatting the cell as
text and custom, but nothing is working. How can I make it stop?

Jacob Skaria

Why does excel replace my 16th number with a zero?

Enter them in cells preformatted as Text or with a leading apostrophe
('). Excel is limited to 15 decimal digits of precision, so to work with
numbers
with more digits than that will require you to use string functions to
manipulate parts of the numbers.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria