-   -   Odd Remove Hyperlink Behavior (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230759-odd-remove-hyperlink-behavior.html)

Bob

Odd Remove Hyperlink Behavior

Hi,

I am trying to figure out why sometimes when I select multiple hyperlinks I
can right click and get the Remove Hyperlink command, but for other
hyperlinks it doesn't appear.

When I get a report from our WSUS server, the excel document it creates has
http hyperlinks in it as follows:

http://reportserver/?C%3a%5cProgram+...ters=Collapsed

I can select all 400 cells and right click and remove all of those
hyperlinks at once.

But if I have cells with http://www.cnn.com (or similar) in them, I can't
select them and remove all of the hyperlinks at once.

I'm on Office 2007, SP2.

Any idea why this different behavior happens and any idea on how to make all
hyperlinks behave the same. Creating a macro to run
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete for all users silly for something this basic
that works in some instances.

Thanks!