-   -   data validation formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230708-data-validation-formula.html)

Wanna Learn

data validation formula

Hello
I need a formula for data validation ... I tried several ways but it does
not work
If cell f6 = to "Quote" then input message should say "type in how many
months " if cell f6 does not equal to "Quote" do not show the input message
thanks

Martin Fishlock

data validation formula

Hi:

One way is to have a formula in a cell say f7 :

=if($f$6="Quote", ""Type in number of months ","")

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK