-   -   summing part of data range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230571-summing-part-data-range.html)

Roy Gudgeon[_2_]

summing part of data range

Hi Guys

I have a spreadsheet with 8 columns of data and multiple rows
For each row I want to sum the 7 highest values in the range of 8 values.

Cna anyone advise the function/formula/syntax i need to use ?

--
thanks
Roy

Gaurav[_4_]

summing part of data range

=SUM(A1:H1)-MIN(A1:H1)

hope this helps.

"Roy Gudgeon" wrote in message
Hi Guys

I have a spreadsheet with 8 columns of data and multiple rows
For each row I want to sum the 7 highest values in the range of 8 values.

Cna anyone advise the function/formula/syntax i need to use ?

--
thanks
Roy

Roy Gudgeon[_2_]

summing part of data range

easy when you know how....

cheers for prompt reply and solution
--
thanks
Roy

"Gaurav" wrote:

=SUM(A1:H1)-MIN(A1:H1)

hope this helps.

"Roy Gudgeon" wrote in message
Hi Guys

I have a spreadsheet with 8 columns of data and multiple rows
For each row I want to sum the 7 highest values in the range of 8 values.

Cna anyone advise the function/formula/syntax i need to use ?

--
thanks
Roy

Gaurav[_4_]