-   -   Rounding to the nearest 25 including negative numbers?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230362-rounding-nearest-25-including-negative-numbers.html)

Bob

Rounding to the nearest 25 including negative numbers??

I have the following formula
=CEILING(Sheet4!BY6, 25)
How I get it to round negative numbers too

It works with positive numbers but when I insert ie -360, it should read
-350 but I get the following #NUM!
--
Bob

Jacob Skaria

Rounding to the nearest 25 including negative numbers??

=IF(Sheet4!BY6<0,-CEILING(ABS(Sheet4!BY6),25),CEILING(Sheet4!BY6,25) )

There may be a different solution

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bob" wrote:

I have the following formula
=CEILING(Sheet4!BY6, 25)
How I get it to round negative numbers too

It works with positive numbers but when I insert ie -360, it should read
-350 but I get the following #NUM!
--
Bob

Teethless mama

Rounding to the nearest 25 including negative numbers??

=MROUND(A1,IF(A1<0,-25,25))

"Bob" wrote:

I have the following formula
=CEILING(Sheet4!BY6, 25)
How I get it to round negative numbers too

It works with positive numbers but when I insert ie -360, it should read
-350 but I get the following #NUM!
--
Bob

Bob

Rounding to the nearest 25 including negative numbers??

Fantastic it works
Many thanks

--
Bob

"Bob" wrote:

I have the following formula
=CEILING(Sheet4!BY6, 25)
How I get it to round negative numbers too

It works with positive numbers but when I insert ie -360, it should read
-350 but I get the following #NUM!
--
Bob

Jacob Skaria

Rounding to the nearest 25 including negative numbers??

Refer help on CEILING

It is supposed to return number rounded up, away from zero.
=CEILING(-2.5, 2)
Returns an error, because -2.5 and 2 have different signs (#NUM!)

You should be using
=CEILING(Sheet4!BY6, -25)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria