-   -   column titles (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230299-column-titles.html)

Buff

column titles

How can I change or title column A to NAME-column B to ADress-- Column C to
phone number, etc?
warren Toneman

dlw

column titles

you can't
what people normally do is put the column headings in row 1, then put your
cursor on cell A2 and do a window/freeze panes, that will fix them as
headings.

"Buff" wrote:

How can I change or title column A to NAME-column B to ADress-- Column C to
phone number, etc?
warren Toneman

FSt1

column titles

hi
sorry, this cannot be done. excel used the column and row headers to keep
track of data on the sheet. they are reserved for excel's exclusive use. you
can change the column header from letters to numbers and back. you can hide
the column header and row numbers but they will still be there, just not
visible.

i suggest that you put you personal headers in row 1 then hide the column
headers and row numbers. if you need the row numbers, use column A and start
your personal headers in column B.

to hide the column/row headers....
2003 on the menu bartoolsoptionsview tabuncheck column/row headers
2007office buttonexcel opions not sure from here.

Regards
FSt1

"Buff" wrote:

How can I change or title column A to NAME-column B to ADress-- Column C to
phone number, etc?
warren Toneman

Mike H

column titles

Hi,

You can't. you could sumulate it by not displaying headers in the
tools|Options - view tab.

Mike