-   -   removing a single space in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230194-removing-single-space-cell.html)

birdsting

removing a single space in a cell

I offen encounter a problem to remove a single space either numeric/characters in a single cell manully at excel. e.g: 123 456 or to day.

Please help me how to do it with thanks.

birdsting

Jarek Kujawa[_2_]

removing a single space in a cell

=REPLACE(A1," ","")

--
birdsting

Dave Peterson

removing a single space in a cell

I bet Jarek meant:
=substitute(a1," ","")

Jarek Kujawa wrote:

=REPLACE(A1," ","")

On 8 Maj, 05:23, birdsting wrote:
I offen encounter a problem to remove a single space either
numeric/characters in a single cell manully at excel. e.g: 123 456 or
to day.

Please help me how to do it with thanks.

birdsting

--
birdsting

--

Dave Peterson

Jarek Kujawa[_2_]

removing a single space in a cell

you won, Dave
;-)
of course SUBSTITUTE
sorry

On 8 Maj, 13:44, Dave Peterson wrote:
I bet Jarek meant:
=substitute(a1," ","")

Jarek Kujawa wrote:

=REPLACE(A1," ","")

On 8 Maj, 05:23, birdsting wrote:
I offen encounter a problem to remove a single space either
numeric/characters in a single cell manully at excel. *e.g: 123 456 or
to day.

Please help me how to do it with thanks.

birdsting

--
birdsting

--

Dave Peterson

birdsting

thanks a lot to solve this problem with a simply function which I drop it off.

Cheer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Peterson (Post 831475)
I bet Jarek meant:
=substitute(a1," ","")