-   -   cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/230077-cell.html)

Nigel123

cell

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me......

Basically I need a formula that will show me the substance of a cell

for example

cell A1 says 5
and I want this cell to automatically show me the substance of cell E5

and if i was to chance the 5 to a 8 the cell will show me the substance of
cell E8

Mike H

cell

Hi,

You would need VB code for that so here's a siimpler way. Put the formula
below in a cell (say) A2

=INDIRECT("E"&A1)

Now put a 3 in A1 and the formula displays the contents of E3

Mike

"Nigel123" wrote:

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me......

Basically I need a formula that will show me the substance of a cell

for example

cell A1 says 5
and I want this cell to automatically show me the substance of cell E5

and if i was to chance the 5 to a 8 the cell will show me the substance of
cell E8

Jacob Skaria

cell

Try using INDIRECT() function with a fixed column....

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Nigel123" wrote:

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me......

Basically I need a formula that will show me the substance of a cell

for example

cell A1 says 5
and I want this cell to automatically show me the substance of cell E5

and if i was to chance the 5 to a 8 the cell will show me the substance of
cell E8

David Biddulph[_2_]

cell

=INDIRECT("E"&A1)
--
David Biddulph

"Nigel123" wrote in message
Hi I was wondering if someone can help me......

Basically I need a formula that will show me the substance of a cell

for example

cell A1 says 5
and I want this cell to automatically show me the substance of cell E5

and if i was to chance the 5 to a 8 the cell will show me the substance of
cell E8

Dave Peterson

cell

One mo