-   -   absolute cells when linking to an external file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229991-absolute-cells-when-linking-external-file.html)

del

absolute cells when linking to an external file

Is there a way I can force the formulas not to be absolute when the formula
involves linking to an external file. That is instead of the formula coming
back as
=[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1, it will be =[Book1]Sheet1!A1 (without the dollar
signs). This will help me make the linking faster. I'm looking at other
options other than the find and replce.

Thanks a lot,
del

Bernie Deitrick

absolute cells when linking to an external file

del,

When you select your cell in the external file, press F4 immediately to cycle through your $
options....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"del" wrote in message
Is there a way I can force the formulas not to be absolute when the formula
involves linking to an external file. That is instead of the formula coming
back as
=[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1, it will be =[Book1]Sheet1!A1 (without the dollar
signs). This will help me make the linking faster. I'm looking at other
options other than the find and replce.

Thanks a lot,
del

del

absolute cells when linking to an external file

Oh gosh, you are so smart. Thanks for your help!!!