-   -   Open excel files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/22996-re-open-excel-files.html)

jfa3012

Open excel files

I had the same problem. That fixed it. Thanks so much.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi MFEdu

Try this

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1 ) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"MFEdu" wrote in message ...
I can not open my excel files.
When I select an excel file in Windows explorer, excel open, but not the file.
How I solve this problem?

Thanks.