-   -   =average - eliminate the top and bottom number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229736-%3Daverage-eliminate-top-bottom-number.html)

Jim

=average - eliminate the top and bottom number

Hello,

How do I write a formula that will average all numbers within a column as
well as remove the highest number and the lowest number?

Thanks

Fred Smith[_4_]

=average - eliminate the top and bottom number

=(sum(a:a)-min(a:a)-max(a:a)/(count(a:a)-2)

Regards,
Fred.

"Jim" wrote in message
Hello,

How do I write a formula that will average all numbers within a column as
well as remove the highest number and the lowest number?

Thanks

Jacob Skaria

=average - eliminate the top and bottom number

Assuming you have the numbersin ColA ..

=(SUM(A:A)-MIN(A:A)-MAX(A:A)/(COUNT(A:A)-2))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

How do I write a formula that will average all numbers within a column as
well as remove the highest number and the lowest number?

Thanks

Rick Rothstein

=average - eliminate the top and bottom number

I think you have a closing parenthesis out of place.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jim" wrote:

Hello,

How do I write a formula that will average all numbers within a column as
well as remove the highest number and the lowest number?

Thanks

T. Valko

=average - eliminate the top and bottom number

Another one:

=TRIMMEAN(A1:A10,2/COUNT(A1:A10))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jim" wrote in message
Hello,

How do I write a formula that will average all numbers within a column as
well as remove the highest number and the lowest number?

Thanks

Jacob Skaria

=average - eliminate the top and bottom number

Thanks Rick...

=(SUM(A:A)-MIN(A:A)-MAX(A:A))/(COUNT(A:A)-2)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria