-   -   Merge 2 database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229663-merge-2-database.html)

CH

Merge 2 database

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to merge 2 databases (both in .csv files) using Excel, each
having about 8 fields. I need to merge them by 2 Fields "SerialNumber" and
"MachineNumber".

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

joel

Merge 2 database

Usually macros are the best method. Another alternative is to use SumProduct
which is need if you are doing a table lookup using two columns.

Put each CSV file on a seperate worksheet

Then add the mising columns from sheet two into sheet 1.

So if you are looking up columns A and column b and getting data in column C
use this

=SumProduct(--(A1=Sheet2!A1:A100),--(B1=Sheet2!B1:B100),Sheet2!C1:C100)