-   -   Pivot Table Sort Order (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229642-pivot-table-sort-order.html)

Mustang

Pivot Table Sort Order

Hi,

I am using Excel 2003 and have three types of Work in my Pivot Table:

Erect
Alter
Dismantle

This work type is my outer row in my pivot table but it is sorted in
alphabetical order. I would like my data to be sorted as above. I know that
I can drag them around but I have a macro that updates the Pivot Table based
on an Advanced Filter. Is there anyway I can fix in place the non
alphabetical sort order?

Thank you

Martin Fishlock

Pivot Table Sort Order

Hi,

Apart from the manual drag and drop there is no automatic method that I know
of.

There are a couple of quick fixes.

1. Add another column with 1,2,3 with a vlookup to get the order and include
that in the table.

2. Modify the words to

1. Erect
2. Alter