Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cataloging help

Hi all,

I'm currently doing some cataloging of all my cd's and DVD's, and have come
across something that is a bit of a tricky thing for me. The way I'm doing
it is:
Column A = Title
Column B = Type (CD/cassette, etc)
Column C = Catalogue number

As I'm a collector of a particular artist, I'm putting all her cd's on a
separate catalogue. The way I'm doing it is, for all the different versions
of a particular album I have, they go together, so I'm only putting the title
once in Column A, and filling in the details for each version on separate
lines.

Once I've done this, I highlight the whole lot, and filter it so that I just
get a drop-down menu so I can show only the one particular album/single, or
all the releases from a particular country, etc. However, since I only list
each title once, when I try to show all the versions of that title, I only
get one release showing, which is the first one mentioned, as it has the
title in Column A.

Is there a way I can have all the versions show when I do this, without
having to put the title in Column A for each one?

Hopefully this isn't too confusing for you ...

Looking forward to some help on this!

Leigh