-   -   Finding duplicates within several worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229536-finding-duplicates-within-several-worksheets.html)

Norm75

Finding duplicates within several worksheets

I have several worksheets with stock symbols listed according to various
criteria. I want to find the symbols that are common between the worksheets
or some of the worksheets - for example, common in 2 out of 4 sheets or 3 out
of 4 sheets.

Is there a way of doing this. I am using Excel 2007

Many thanks. Norm.

joel

Finding duplicates within several worksheets

You could use countif

=countif(Sheet1!$A:$A,"IBM")+coutif(Sheet2!$A:$A," IBM")+coutif(Sheet3!$A:$A,"IBM")

"Norm75" wrote:

I have several worksheets with stock symbols listed according to various
criteria. I want to find the symbols that are common between the worksheets
or some of the worksheets - for example, common in 2 out of 4 sheets or 3 out
of 4 sheets.

Is there a way of doing this. I am using Excel 2007

Many thanks. Norm.

Norm75

Finding duplicates within several worksheets

Thanks, Joel. I'll give it a try. I have a huge number but it will be worth
setting it up this way. Many thanks. Norm.