-   -   Keeping Conditional Formats 'Constant' when copy & paste (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229475-keeping-conditional-formats-constant-when-copy-paste.html)

Porky79

Keeping Conditional Formats 'Constant' when copy & paste

Hi - I have done a search on this and come accross this thread (albeit
very old) which is asking the same question.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...5c847b51e5b2d2

However, my conditional formatting is set around cells that alter
their values automatically dependign on the data entered intot he
worksheet. There are far too many arguments to us to enter them
directly into the conditional formatting menu like Dave suggests in
the thread, so I have to base the conditional formatting around values
in specific cells.

I now want to copy a column from an worksheet and paste to a summary
sheet and retain the same values and colour formats. However the copy
& paste procedure does not retain the formats set by conditional
formatting from the source worksheet.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Many thanks for any suggestions

Best wishes