-   -   Can I add a number to the contents of a cell to indicate a note .. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229346-can-i-add-number-contents-cell-indicate-note.html)

wookeywarn

Can I add a number to the contents of a cell to indicate a note ..

In spreadsheets and publications you often see text or data followed by a
tiny number in the top right of it to refer to a note at the bottom of a
page. I dont know what it's called - can i do it in a cell in Excel?

Eduardo

Can I add a number to the contents of a cell to indicate a note ..

Hi,
You can do it, go to the cell where you want to enter the note, right click
in the mouse, insert comments, if you don't see the comment entered, right
click again in the cell and press Show/Hide Comments

If this was helpful please click yes, thanks

"wookeywarn" wrote:

In spreadsheets and publications you often see text or data followed by a
tiny number in the top right of it to refer to a note at the bottom of a
page. I dont know what it's called - can i do it in a cell in Excel?

Gord Dibben

Can I add a number to the contents of a cell to indicate a note ..

Manually enter the number after the text.

F2, select the number and format to superscript.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP