-   -   How to retain table column titles in 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229316-how-retain-table-column-titles-2007-a.html)

johns

How to retain table column titles in 2007

How do I retain my column titles in an Excel 2007 table?

I'm loading data to an excel 2007 table using ms query and ODBC. The SQL
uses outside joins to 4 tables so ms query will not retain the assigned
column names. On every refresh, my excel column titles are overwritten with
the SQL field names.

I don't see a way in Excel to force the table to keep my column names or a
way to force ms query to retain my column name assignments (I tried "as
<ColumnName" with double quotes, single quotes, and no quotes)

Thx for any insight.