-   -   Removing the print area dost from the screen (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229314-removing-print-area-dost-screen.html)

DubboPete

Removing the print area dost from the screen

Hi all,

I did a silly thing and set an area as the print area.

Now, onscreen, I see the print area outlined by dotted lines.
Mistake....

I desperately want to remove the dotted lines. Is there any way of
doing this?

I want to display the spreadsheet thru a projector to over 200 people,
and I don't want the (silly print area) dotted lines !

TIA

DubboPete

Dave Peterson

Removing the print area dost from the screen

If you close the file and reopen it, those lines will be gone.

But they'll come back as soon as you print or print preview that sheet.

In xl2003 menus, you can hide those dotted lines:
Tools|Options|View tab|Uncheck page breaks

And to reset the print range (which may be what you really want):
File|Print area|clear print area

--

Dave Peterson

Bob I

Removing the print area dost from the screen

As Dave said, or goto

Page Setup, and click "Fit to 1 page Wide by 1 tall"