-   -   Creating a list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/229282-creating-list.html)

Pirate

Creating a list

I have a spreadsheet with numbers and text spread out across columns. I need
to search across the columns by row and return to the "A" column the first
value found either number or text. Is there such a formula?

T. Valko

Creating a list

Try this array formula** :

=IF(COUNTA(B1:J1),INDEX(B1:J1,MATCH(TRUE,B1:J1<"" ,0)),"")

Copy down as needed

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff